Penetration Testing is an approach to identifying infirmity in infrastructure, applications or systems. This approach involves several methods to search for security gaps, or vulnerabilities. By doing this action, The enterprise can identify and prepare for infirmity in the company's applications or infrastructure, before it is exploited by irresponsible people or attackers.
Penetration Testing offers several advantages:
- Identify infirmity/vulnerabilities before it is exploited by irresponsible people,
- Evaluate the effectiveness of previous security controls,
- To fulfill compliance requirements and industry standards,
- To maintain customer trust by ensuring the confidentiality and integrity of their data,
- Reduces the risk of unexpected attacks related to infirmity/vulnerabilities discovered.